What is Collagenase SANTYL◊ Ointment?
SANTYL Ointment is the only FDA-approved enzymatic debrider that removes dead tissue from wounds so they can start to heal.
Who should NOT use SANTYL Ointment?
- Do not use SANTYL Ointment if you are allergic or sensitive to collagenase or any other ingredient in this product
- Use this product only if it has been prescribed to you by your healthcare professional. Never share this medicine with another person, and use SANTYL Ointment only for the condition for which it was prescribed
- Keep SANTYL Ointment and all medicines out of the reach of children
- Always use SANTYL Ointment as instructed by your healthcare professional and according to the instructions in the product packaging
What should I avoid while using SANTYL Ointment?
- Make sure to apply the ointment only to the wound. Take care not to extend beyond the wound surface although it does not harm healthy tissue.
- Never use SANTYL Ointment in or around your eyes, mouth, or any unprotected orifice.
What is the right amount of SANTYL Ointment to apply?
Your healthcare professional will show you how much SANTYL Ointment your wound needs. Apply the correct amount as instructed by your healthcare professional, SANTYL Ointment should be applied directly to the wound bed with the thickness of a nickel (approximately 2mm), whenever possible.
Are there any side effects?
SANTYL Ointment is used to remove damaged tissue from chronic skin ulcers and severely burned areas. Do not use if you have shown hypersensitivity to collagenase. Occasional slight redness may occur if SANTYL Ointment is placed outside the wound area. Precautions should be taken to avoid detergents or cleansing solutions that are acidic or basic in nature, as raising or lowering of the Ointment’s pH can lower the effectiveness. Caregivers to debilitated patients should closely monitor the application site to ensure that the area is not becoming infected. The risk information provided herein is not comprehensive. To learn more, talk about SANTYL with your health care provider. The FDA-approved product labeling can be found at https://www.santyl.com/.
How should I store SANTYL Ointment?
Do not refrigerate SANTYL Ointment or expose it to heat. Store SANTYL Ointment at room temperature (no higher than 25°C or 77°F).
As with all medications, keep out of the reach of children.
Where can I get more information?
Ask your healthcare professional or pharmacist right away if you have any other questions or need additional information about SANTYL Ointment. It is also a good idea to read the product packaging every time you get a refill, to remind you of the right way to use the medicine.